““True, we build no bridges. We raise no towers. We construct no engines. We paint no pictures – unless as amateurs for our own principal amusement. There is little of all that we do which the eye of man can see. But we smooth out difficulties; we relieve stress; we correct mistakes; we take up other men’s burdens and by our efforts we make possible the peaceful life of men in a peaceful state.”
John W. Davis
Michael S. Britton
Michael S. Britton (Mick) is a seasoned business attorney assisting both businesses and individuals in commercial transaction matters. With over 34 years of experience Mick has spent his career counseling business clients in a variety of industries playing an integral role in the development and advancement of the clients’ businesses. Mick’s experience in state and federal courts representing clients in commercial matters has also given him a unique perspective for counseling business executives and entrepreneurs alike in today’s competitive business environment. Mick enjoys the role of outside general counsel to a variety of businesses in north Texas.
Mr. Britton focuses his practice primarily on business transactions, typically in drafting agreements between businesses, advising business start up clients on choice of entity and corporate formation, business mergers and acquisitions, commercial finance and secured transactions, e-commerce and m-commerce support, intellectual property licensing, and real estate transactions.
Representative Legal Matters
• acted for a client in the divestiture of a regional produce and beverage distribution company.
• acted for a client in the divestiture of a building products fabrication and installation subsidiary.
• acted for a client to negotiate and draft administrative agreement of a national warranty program for a multi-national automobile manufacturer.
• acted for a client in a $20M refinance of multiple manufacturing subsidiaries.
• acted for a client in the acquisition of two window manufacturing companies and door manufacturing company.
• acted for a client in the formation and construction of a medical diagnostic center.
• acted for a client in the formation of a joint venture to expand a regional restaurant chain.
• acted for a client in an international trademark dispute successfully securing the trademark rights for the client.
• acted for a client in the $13M sale of a regional office supply company to a national office supply chain.
Texas State Bar (1984)
Illinois State Bar (1979)
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
United States 5th Circuit Court of Appeals
Texas State Bar
Illinois Bar Association
Dallas Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association
IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law – J.D. 1979
Northern Illinois University – B.S. Finance 1976